Quick, Delicious Menu For Your Labor Day Party
Labor Day weekend is a great three day holiday to celebrate the end of summer, back to school, and have one more backyard party before the weather gets cool. If you’re hosting this year’s Labor Day party for your friends and family, here is a quick, delicious menu for your party that is sure to impress!
We couldn’t decide which recipe sounded tastier, so here are two drinks your guests can enjoy on Labor Day!
La Paloma Suprema
Labor Day is often still hot, so here’s a tasty (yet simple) drink to cool your guests down!
- 1 1/2 oz. Don Julio Reposado Tequila
- 4 oz. grapefruit soda
- 1 wedge lime
- Add Don Julio Reposado Tequila and grapefruit soda in a salt-rimmed, ice-filled highball glass
- Garnish with lime wedge
Celebrate the end of summer with the classic spiked lemonade with a twist at your Labor Day party!
- 24 ounces rum
- 2 cups of blueberries
- 2 cups of loosely packed basil leaves
- 48 ounces
- homemade lemonade
- 1 to 2 liters of chilled seltzer or club soda
- Arrange 24 1/2-pint jam jars on the counter
- Add 1 ounce of rum, a couple of fresh blueberries and a few basil leaves to each jar and gently muddle
- Top with two ounces of lemonade
- Put lids on tightly and shake
- Add ice and seltzer right before drinking
This quick and easy appetizer looks delicious and will wow guests at your Labor Day party with very little effort on your part!
Some really popular backyard garden veggies are cucumbers and cherry tomatoes. This is a great way to use what may be the last of your crops on Labor Day weekend.
- 4 large English cucumbers
- 1-pint grape tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 small (5.3 oz) container plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp fresh dill, minced
- 1 tbsp powdered Ranch dressing mix (such as Hidden Valley)
- Slice cucumbers into rounds, about ½-inch thick. You can leave the skin on, peel them, or partially peel them for a striped look. Slice grape tomatoes in half (or quarters, if large) and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, Greek yogurt, dill and Ranch dressing powder. Mix thoroughly. You can use an electric mixer, but you can also do this by hand.
- Transfer the cheese mixture to a piping bag (if you don't have one, you can use a large Ziplock bag a corner snipped off).
- Pipe the cheese mixture onto the cucumber rounds, then top with a cherry tomato half
Not quite time for a soup course, celebrate the fact that the weather is still warm enough for a nice chill salad on Labor Day Weekend.
Watermelon & Strawberry Caprese Salad
This fresh crisp Caprese salad is simple and crowd-pleasing for your Labor Day party.
- 3 c. watermelon, cubed
- 2 c. strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 c. Feta, crumbled
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. fresh basil, torn
- In a large bowl, combine watermelon, strawberries, feta and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Garnish with basil and serve.
Burgers and dogs have been on the menu all summer long. Consider changing it up and make this chicken sandwich for your guests! With just 30 minutes total preparation, you’ll be glad you did!
Sick of same old hamburgers and hot dogs at your cookouts? Try this for your Labor Day party!
BLUE CHEESE RANCH SAUCE
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1/3 c. buttermilk
- 1/4 c. crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp. dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp. chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 3 dashes Tabasco
- 2 cloves garlic
- kosher salt
- Black pepper
FOR THE BURGERS
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 2 c. panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 white onion, grated or finely diced
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. fresh black pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 c. Frank's Red Hot
- 1/4 c. butter
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- Iceberg lettuce, for serving
- Tomato, for serving
- For the blue cheese ranch sauce: combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Chill in fridge until ready to serve.
- In a large bowl, mix together chicken, 1 cup panko, onion, egg, cayenne, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Form mixture into four equal-sized patties and coat each with remaining 1 cup breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add burgers and cook until golden brown, 5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, combine Frank’s and butter. Stir together well, then coat burgers in sauce by submerging each one in a saucepan.
- Build burgers by topping each bun with a patty, blue cheese ranch sauce, lettuce, and tomato.
One more sweet summery treat to send off the warm weather in delicious style. Wow, your friends and family on Labor Day weekend with this tasty dessert that won’t take you any time at all!
This sweet treat is rich and creamy while staying low in fat. Your guests might not even know you’re saving them calories on Labor Day weekend.
- 3 medium-sized overripe bananas, peeled
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Slice the bananas into 1/2-inch pieces and toss them with the brown sugar and butter in a 2-quart baking dish until the sugar dissolves into a wet caramel-colored coating. Bake for about 40 minutes, stirring once during baking, until the bananas are soft and golden brown.
- Immediately transfer the bananas and caramel syrup into a blender or food processor (if you wait too long, the caramel will begin to harden). Add the milk, granulated sugar, vanilla, lemon juice, and salt, and purée until smooth. Chill the mixture thoroughly in the refrigerator.
- Give the mixture a quick whisk, then freeze in ice cream machine according to manufacturer's instructions. Transfer soft ice cream to plastic container and chill for a few hours until firm. Scoop and serve.
While you’re planning your Labor Day party menu, guest list, and activities, let Helping Hands Cleaning Service take care of getting your home sparkling clean for your guests! After the party? We can clean up that mess too, freeing up your time to just relax and have a wonderful Labor Day weekend with your friends and family! Contact us today to schedule your first cleaning!