The Best Strategy for Finding an Effective House Cleaning Service
Well, before you decide, ask yourself what you really want from your cleaning service. Many people say they want a service that will be reliable, responsive, trustworthy, consistent, or detail-oriented. Of course, these traits are important, and you’d hope that any service you hire would embody these traits and more. But how do you know if the companies you talk to aren’t just telling you what you want to hear?
Questions to Ask a Potential House Cleaning Service
Here are some things that set the best house cleaning services apart from the others.
- Documentation — Can the house cleaning service back up their claims that their employees are highly trained with documentation, such as the training program they use to train their cleaning technicians? A truly professional house cleaning service will be completely up-to-date with the latest techniques for ensuring that your house will be as clean as it can be. Additionally, a professional company will be bonded and insured, so you will know that you and your valuables are safe when cleaners enter your home.
- Processes — Does the cleaning service have processes in place to train their employees? The most effective house cleaning services have carefully thought out training processes, so every one of their technicians has the same level of training. A more slap-dash operation will have erratic training processes, so you could end up with an under-trained person who won’t clean your house to your exacting specifications.
- Response Time — When you call the house cleaning service, do you get a response in a timely fashion? Any professional service will have a system in place to guarantee that they’ll respond within the time they say they will. It won’t leave you hanging, wondering if your query will ever be answered.
- Quality Control — Will the house cleaning service provides quality control checks? A professional service will have processes in place that ensure that every cleaner is properly trained, and they’ll have a system for regularly checking for quality. They hold themselves to a higher standard, so you can rest easy.
- Staff — Can the service accommodate schedule changes? Say you’ve got a party planned, and you need additional help with pre- and post-party cleanup. Does the house cleaning service you’ve chosen have sufficient staff to handle this change in the schedule? Or is their staff too small to be able to help you out in a pinch without discommoding another client? A professional service with a sizeable staff accustomed to being flexible for their clients is a bonus.
- Services — Does the house cleaning company offer a variety of services, including such specialties as window cleaning and carpet cleaning? A truly diverse house cleaning service will save you time (and probably money); you won’t have to search for another company that offers these services and hope that they’re professional and effective. You’ll already have an established relationship with a company you trust to do the work well.
Find a House Cleaning Service
How do you find a company that has all of these traits and more? Here are some helpful suggestions.
- Online Search — Your old friend Google comes to the rescue again! Simply type in a search using phrases such as “house cleaning service Elmhurst, IL” and see what it brings up. It will give you a good place to start your search.
- Reviews — There are so many wonderful sources for online reviews these days. Start by checking Google Reviews and Facebook Reviews. Yelp offers the top ten lists of the house cleaning services with the best reviews in your area. Other sites such as HomeAdvisor or Thumbtack will also give you reviews from people who have used the service.
- Word of Mouth — Who do you trust more than your family and friends? Ask around, and you’ll probably find a few people who have used a house cleaning service in your area. Ask them about their experiences, and whether they’d ever work with the service again.
- Website — Most house cleaning services have websites these days; dig around a little, and see what they have to say about their services. Why do they say they’re better than their competitors? Does it resonate with you?
- Contact the Company— If you’ve got questions that aren’t answered by their website or reviews, call them! Ask them about their training processes, and about their system for keeping themselves accountable for the quality of their work.
Your home is your sanctuary; you want to be sure that the people who you hire to clean it are just as concerned with quality as you are. Interested in learning more about our service? We’d love to show you what could do! Contact us today by filling out the form on the right side of this page!