The Cleaning Technicians We Hire to Clean Your Home Matters
Unfortunately, many cleaning companies don’t see it this way. They’re quick to hire the first “warm body” that walks in off the street because they have clients that need their homes cleaned. As long as the position is filled, they hope for the best and assume that the job will be done, and done well.
House cleaning is not just a service business, it’s a people business. In order to provide the service you expect and deserve, we put a great deal of effort into hiring the right cleaning technicians. After all, these are the people who are cleaning in your personal space—you need to feel comfortable having them in your home. Not only do you want to feel that they’re trustworthy, but you need to be confident that they’ve been properly trained on how to clean a variety of surfaces. You don’t want to be concerned that something in your home might be ruined after their visit.
Cleaning Technicians Training and Quality Control
Does your current cleaning service truly understand the importance of comprehensive training? It’s probable that they don’t. Most companies do a quick interview, get the necessary paperwork out of the way, and then put the brand-new employee into a home on the first day for on-the-job training. After a few days, they set the employee loose to go it alone. The chances are very high that mistakes will be made, and items will be missed during the cleaning or damaged due to improper technique.
Another problem you might have encountered with your home cleaning service is that they rely on you, the customer, for quality control! Have you ever had your cleaning service ask how the cleaning is going? In truth, THEY should know how the cleaning is going if they’ve got a good Quality Control Program in place.
Process for Hiring Cleaning Technicians
What do you know about your cleaning company’s hiring system? Do they conduct background checks and drug tests? How much time do they spend on training before they allow their new employees to clean your home?
Here is a brief rundown of our hiring and training process for cleaning technicians:
- We’re very selective in choosing our cleaning technicians. In fact in the past year, out of roughly 525 applicants, we only hired 6 people!
- Each person goes through two separate interviews, and they’re subject to background checks and drug testing.
- Orientation lasts about 4 hours, and then they begin training at our office.
- Once they’ve mastered the basics in the office, they’re taken out in the field for additional offsite training, completed at the business owner’s home. (Even though they’re receiving training in a home setting, it’s a controlled situation in a safe environment.)
- Over the next few days, technicians receive focused training in specific areas of the home. For example, they watch a video on bathroom cleaning, and then they’re trained by the Field Supervisor on how to clean bathrooms. They master this room before moving on to other areas of the home.
- After this first week of training, they’re permitted to go out with a team of experienced cleaning technicians to clean client homes. In the first home, they simply observe how the team works. In the second home, they actually participate in the cleaning.
- They work with the team for 2-3 weeks before they move into an open position with their permanent team. This continuous training gives them experience in cleaning about 20-30 different homes, as well as extensive experience cleaning a variety of surfaces, such as stone, ceramic tile, wood, or carpet.
Quality Control – The Helping Hands Way
Our Field Supervisors check new employees’ work for a period of 2 weeks to a month—and they check every home that the new employee has cleaned. Check-ins are also done before the home is started and after the home has been cleaned. This allows the Field Supervisor to ask the new employee how they would approach the cleaning in the home; the Field Supervisor also walks through the home to be sure everything was done properly.
Your home is precious, and we understand that you want the highest caliber people entering it. Our hiring practices ensure that our cleaning technicians are reliable, highly-trained people who understand the trust you’ve placed in them and treat your home with the respect it deserves.
If you’re looking for a home cleaning company that places a strong emphasis on hiring the right cleaning technicians for your home, contact us to get a free quote. We back up our cleaning with our Guarantee that you will be 100% satisfied!